To affirm means to declare the truth of your being, and to declare the truth of your being is an invitation to start living it. With this at heart, today I’d like to share with you a series of affirmations that, when done correctly and from your heart, can have a profound effect on your current level of abundance.
But before I share them with you, let me first define what exactly it is that I mean when I use the word abundance.
The word abundance, from the Latin verb abundare, means ‘overflow’. Abundance exists in three primary levels of experience: doing, having and being; which basically means what you do, what you have, and who you are being at any given moment comes from an overflowing feeling or knowing, that there’s more than enough.
From a Heart Intelligence perspective, abundance is the feeling of calmed expansion you feel in the middle of your chest when you know and trust, deep inside your heart, that right now, this very moment you are okay and that all your needs are being met.
For the following affirmations to be truly effective, you need to speak them from a feeling space of abundance. You want to first feel abundant so that it is because you feel abundant, that you are therefore able to manifests abundance in every aspect of your life.
This is what I believe Jesus, the Christ meant when he said, “For whoever has (the feeling or consciousness of abundance) more shall be given. And whoever does not have (the feeling or consciousness of abundance), even what they have it shall be taken away.”
Affirmations for an Abundant Life
I cannot emphasize enough that the key to these affirmations is that you feel the feeling of calmed expansion and relaxation in the middle of your chest first BEFORE you use the creative power of your word to begin to draw towards you the Universal forces that will demonstrate more abundance in all areas of your life.
Here’s a 7-step process to help you achieve this:
1. Place your hand over your heart. By doing this, you’re now bringing your focused attention to your heart and beginning to direct your energy inward.
2. Breathe slowly, deeply and evenly into your heart. Breathe slower than you normally would, deep down towards your belly, and be sure that both the inhalation and the exhalation are approximately the same length.
3. Evoke the feeling of abundance. Remember a time in your life when you felt abundant or you had more than enough to meet all of your needs. You can also think of a person whom you perceive as abundant. The key is that you feel the feeling of abundance inside your heart.
4. Amplify the feeling of abundance. Continue to breathe deeply into the heart and imagine that this feeling expands by putting on a BIG smile. Imagine that the infinitely abundant number of cells inside your body are all smiling with you!
5. Radiate this feeling of abundance to your body. Allow this feeling of abundance to expand through your entire body covering the entire physical/energetic space that your body occupies.
6. Repeat the following affirmations out loud:
“With God’s Grace (help), every day, in every way…
I’m getting healthier and healthier.
I’m attracting more and more love.
I’m getting wealthier and wealthier.
I’m flowing more and more with Life.
I’m experiencing greater and greater abundance in all my relationships, in my finances, and in all other areas of my life.”
7. End with gratitude and appreciation. As you bring this process to a close, take a few moments to appreciate all the abundance you already have. You can say something as simple as, “Dear God, Thank you for all that I have, for all that I do, and for all that I am!”
I’ve found that if you do this process when you first wake up in the mornings, and then again before you fall asleep at night, over time and little by little, you will feel more abundant and thus become a living expression of what it means to live an abundant life.
Give this a try, and let me know how it goes!
Feel free to leave me your abundant comments below. 🙂
Photo by Nathan Bingle