“It is important that you get clear for yourself that your only access to impacting life is action. The world does not care what you intend, how committed you are, how you feel or what you think, and certainly it has no interest in what you want and don’t want. Take a look at life as it is lived and see for yourself that the world only moves for you when you act.”
~ Werner Erhard
With just a few weeks left until the end of the year, it’s very important that you schedule a minimum of 2 hours of uninterrupted time with just you, a blank notepad and a pencil, so that you can answer this simple, yet powerful question:
What can I do TODAY to get a heart start on 2014?
Now, notice that I used the word ‘heart’ and not ‘head’. I do so deliberately because I believe that while the brain is the organ of thinking, your heart is the organ of action.
After all, your heart is a muscle beating uninterruptedly about 100,000 times in a day, and generates at least 5,000 times more electromagnetic energy than its 60% fat filled counterpart!
As you sit quietly, and without interruptions, here’s a set of questions that can help you get a Heart Start on 2014:
1. If money was not an issue in 2014, what would your average day/week/month look like? Describe in detail the kind of year you would create if money was not in the way. Let your imagination soar!
2. If you absolutely had to double your monthly income in 2014, and there’s no way out of it, what three steps you would immediately take? Write at least 57 ways in which you could create the extra income by combining your creativity and willingness to serve others.
3. If your 2014 was a complete failure, what would be the reason for it? Knowing ahead of time what could stop you from success, is a great way to raise awareness around your weaknesses so that you can turn them into strengths!
4. If in 2014 you took an extra day off a week just to take care of yourself and have fun, what effect would that have on your time management choices for the remaining days? Believe it or not, taking a day off to re-connect with your joy, increases your capacity for problem solving and creative thinking, productivity, and overall success. If it works for Google employees, why wouldn’t it work for you?
5. Do you currently have a mentoring or coaching relationship with others in your profession? If not, then it’s time you reach out for help and support. Success is never a one man job. We need each other to succeed. If you look at most successful people they all have a support team. Who can you enroll as your mentor or coach in 2014?
Without a clear plan of action your 2014 will not be the year you desire to create. Don’t let that happen. NOW is the time to get your ducks in a row, and develop the focus, clarity, and inner source of heart-based power required to succeed. It’s time to gather the support team that will be the only constant when all else begins to change.
Make 2014 your best year yet by following the Path of your Heart: Loving yourself enough to go for 100% of what you really want, and believe is possible.
A Special Invitation
If you’re courageous, successful, powerful and you’re ready to put your ass on the line in order to follow your the Path of your Heart, for the next 10 days I’m offering 10 complimentary 90-minute coaching conversations to help you move passed any blocks keeping you stuck and stepping into your Heart-Based-Power.
To apply and find out if you qualify, email me at gabriel(at)gabrielgonsalves.com.