Have you ever wondered why some people find it easy to manifest their heart’s desires while others struggle?
In my experience, it is because of five essential mistakes most of us make. Fix them, and you’ll finally start having the success you want.
Mistake #1: Lack of Clarity
Most people don’t have a clear vision of what it is they are trying to create. You kind of know what it is you want, but are not able to articulate your vision clearly and specifically, much less the motivation or reason behind it.
How do you fix this?
A good place to start is by asking yourself specific questions such as:
- Who do you want to be in the world?
- What specifically do you want to manifest, create or accomplish?
- How will you grow as a result?
Answering these questions will begin to give you a sense of clarity and direction that will begin to guide you towards the manifestation of your heart’s desires.
Mistake #2: Lack of Focus
Another big block that holds people back is not knowing on what to focus on at any given time. As a result, you find yourself working on several projects at the same time, spreading yourself too thin, feeling stressed, overwhelmed and finding that you’re always “busy, busy, busy” but not really getting anywhere.
In my experience, the best way to get clear about what to focus on is to ask yourself:
- What is that one project or goal that if I focus on during the next 90 days, will have the greatest impact on all areas of my life?
- What energy draining people, places, situations or habits must I start saying ‘NO’ to?
- Given what I want to create for my life, what must I be focusing my time, energy and money right now?
Because your heart is your connection point to that part of your that sees the bigger picture of your life, the answer you receive will help you determine what you need to be focusing on at this time.
Mistake #3: Lack of Measurement
There’s a lot of truth to the old adage, “If it can’t be measured, it can’t be managed.” Having a system or way to track your progress can act as a powerful feedback mechanism to let you know you’re getting closer to achieving your results.
Three important questions that will help you decide what it is you need to be tracking are:
- How will you know that I’m getting closer to achieving my vision or goal?
- What are some of the major milestones I must reach along the path?
- What is it I need to be measuring each week, each day, each month?
Do keep in mind that not everything can be measured, especially the truly important stuff in life. Therefore, it’s equally important that you access your inner emotional guidance system, primarily governed by the intelligence of your heart, and ask yourself:
- How will I feel when I achieved my results?
- How am I feeling right now with respect to where I am in relationship to my goal?
The answers you’ll receive in the form of intuitive guidance and feelings can often speed up the manifestation of your goals.
Mistake #4: Lack of Deadlines
Steve Chandler says that the difference between an intention and a commitment is that, a commitment goes on your calendar. This means that until a decision is made about when something needs to be completed by, the likelihood that it will get done is almost null.
So, ask yourself:
- When must this action, project, or goal be completed by?
A deadline helps me create a sense of urgency and helps you focus on what is ultimately a priority and most important. It helps you focus your resources of time, energy, and money in service of your vision or goal. So, set up a deadline, one that is realistic and applicable to where you are along your path, work towards it while at the same time surrendering to the Divine, Perfect and Natural timing for its manifestation.
Mistake #5: Lack of Accountability or Support
When people are being observed, the quality of their performance changes. As a friend of mine likes to say, “people pedal faster when being watched.” Therefore it’s important that you set up some kind of accountability or support system to help you stay the course, especially during those moments when you’ll want to give up!
Two questions you can ask yourself are:
- Who would I love to have as part of my support team during the realization of this vision or goal?
- Who do I know that has the wisdom, skills, and experience to help guide me along this new path?
People who have transformed society had a particular community that they were accountable to. Therefore, create an accountability system by hiring a coach, or enrolling the support of a mentor, a friend, a peer or a group. If you’d like me to be part of your support group, here are three ways we can work together.
When you know specifically what it is you want to manifest and by when, what you need to be focusing on right now to make it happen, how to track your progress, and who to be accountable to, you’ll be well on your journey towards manifesting the desires of your heart.
Feel free to leave your comments below.
Photo by Nick Karvounis